Evening all. Silver Streak here at the Oasis. No not the local drinking establishment! I am at the wonderful glass like lake of the third Oasis from Jerusalem. My wife was just finished removing the dinner dishes and the kids are outside chasing the cats around. So I have a few minutes of quite to myself.
Tonite, our Father would like my to talk a little about what is required for servanthood. I will try to be short and not use a lot of technical terms.
Over time believers should become increasingly like Christ. We’re never more like Him than when we are selflessly reaching out to meet somebody else’s needs.
As servants, we need to incorporate the following into our lives:
- Awareness. Jesus stopped under the sycamore tree because He was aware that Zaccheus was up there. How many needy people are “hiding in trees” while you walk by them without looking up?
- Availability. On spotting the tax collector, Jesus didn’t make an appointment to go see him a few weeks later. Being available was such a priority that He dropped whatever agenda He may have had and went right to Zaccheus’ s house.
- Acceptance. Jesus did not wait until Zaccheus got cleaned up and straightened out his life. The Lord accepted him just as he was. We must never forget how Jesus embraced us, filthy rags and all.
- Abiding. When we are saved, we become grafted into the vine of Jesus Christ. Abiding in Him is the only way to find the resources to serve other people in the way that they need to be served.
- Abandonment. God calls us to abandon our selfish desires. Only in leaving behind self-seeking ways will we be free to truly serve others.
Well, brothers and sisters, that is the topic that our Father put in my mind earlier today. I have only one thing to say. Are you living for God? Have you left your self-seeking ways behind and letting God handle your life now? If not why not. Leave me a comment and let me know and if there is anything that I can do to help you I will.
Until next broadcast, Silver Streak says God Bless.